Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Backwards and Forwards

The mind is a peculiar thing and the more I think about it the more I don't understand it. The more I don't understand it, the less I question it.

Sometimes when approaching a new project I come up with a concept in my mind and start to put the pieces of the image together. Sometimes I have a product in mind and ponder it's best (or maybe worst) qualities and develop the concept. And then every once in a great while it just all appears at once; like this one, a watch on a pear.

I knew it would be a red bartlett with its curves and alluring tone. And of course, as the pear is symbolic of the female figure, it would be a woman's watch. The dark deep background would be simple and clean. And it all turned out the way I planned.

No comments: