Saturday, August 22, 2009

...like a fly on the wall.

I'm trying to get a new website together. I took a class a few months ago on building a website and it turned out ok. It's hard to build your own (professional looking) website in an 11 week course especially when you've got a lot of other things going on. So I found a template from a company that makes sites for photographers and am just waiting for them to get it to me so I can put my own content on it. Honestly, I'm really excited. Woohoo!

I've also just sifted through some photos I took while on vacation this summer in Chicago, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Photographically, it was a true vacation. I mean I just hung my camera around my neck and took snap shots of the city and fun stuff. I didn't over analyze; I just took pictures. My favorite one though was this:



While touring the 99th floor of the Sears Tower it started raining. Also, Chicago's notorious wind took hold and was blowing strong outside. I turned a corner to look at the city scape over Lake Michigan and low and behold there's a fly on the window. Not inside, mind you. It had flown up those 99 stories through the rain and wind and was stuck to the window. If that's not determination I don't know what is. Needless to say it was a memorable moment.

No comments: